Blinn Treasures Dance Team 2014 & 2015 NDA Division III National Champions. 2016, 2017, & 2019 Pom Division II National Champions. 2018 Junior College Dance Team Performance National Champion. 2019 Dance Team Performance Open and Pom Division II National Champions.
DANCE TRYOUTS FOR THE 2020-21 SEASON
April 18, 2020 - Noon to 3 p.m.
Tryout Clinic No. 1
April 25, 2020 - 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tryout Clinic No. 2
Participants must attend one of the above dates to be elgible for the final tryout unless they received a fast pass in the fall.
Video auditions can take the place of one of the clinics, but myst be sent in by April 25.
May 9, 2020 - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Team will be announced at 2 p.m. and there will be a team meeting lasting one hour.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many dance team members does Blinn have?
Blinn will have between 20 to 26 dance team members.
Where will tryouts be held?
Heineke Gym on the Brenham campus.
What athletic events does the dance team dance at?
The Blinn Treasures dance team performs at all home football games, select away football games, men’s and women’s home basketball games and women’s home volleyball matches.
How often does the dance team practice?
Practices are held five days a week with additional weight training and cardio conditioning occurring two times per week.
Are tryouts open to the public?
No. Tryouts are closed to the public.
How are Blinn Treasures selected?
Dancers are selected based on their ability to represent Blinn College as well as their ability to perform required technical skills.
What are tryouts like?
We will have two open tryouts and a closed final tryout. You may attend just one or both open try-outs. The final tryout will be by invitation only. The final team selections will be made at the end of the final tryout.
What are required skills?
Skills required as a dance team member are:
Double/Triple turns on both sides, axel turns and fouette turns.
Leaps, switch leaps, center leaps, and tilt jumps on both sides.
Any advanced skills across the floor.
Is there a weight or height limit?
There is not a weight or height limit, but all potential members must maintain the appropriate fit and toned physique in order to participate in the required movement.
Do Blinn Treasures dance team members receive scholarships?
Yes, 24 athletic scholarships will be given each season.
Come ready to try out. Candidates should wear a flattering/supportive bright color sports bra and black hot shorts of their choice. Bring both jazz shoes and tennis shoes. There will be an area for you to freshen up.
Incoming freshmen must have already applied to Blinn College in order to try out. Students cannot be admitted on any type of probation.
- Completed MEDICAL RELEASE FORM and email coach Sarah Barland Flisowski answering the seven questions below.
- Completed BREAK IN ENROLLMENT FORM if not coming to Blinn College directly from high school.
- One head-to-toe color photo and one head shot of recruit. Do not have special pictures taken for packet, a snap shot is fine. Pictures will not be returned.
- One letter of recommendation from current or most recent cheer/dance advisor and one letter of recommendation from a school official.
- Copies of unofficial high school transcripts from incoming freshman and college transcripts from transfer or current Blinn students.
- A $30 processing fee. Only cash or money orders made out to Blinn College will be accepted.
- Permanent address
- Date of birth
- Intended major and current grade point average
- Current dance team
- Coach's name, email address and phone number